LEAP trains New Haven college and public high school students to work with younger children, providing a literacy-based curriculum as well as classes in the arts, computer science, swimming, athletics, camping, cooking and team building. They are an organization providing year-round academic and social enrichment programs for children and youth from high poverty neighborhoods
in New Haven, Connecticut.
JRMF donations to LEAP through 2020 are $243,000. In addition, thanks to annual runs, LEAP raised $34,586.
Pequenas Ligas Hispanas de New Haven
New Haven, Connecticut based organization providing athletic, artistic, and leadership programs to about 100 students in grades pre-school to 12.
- Monetary grants totalling $12,320 given in 2001, 2005, 2015, 2018 and 2020,
An organization based in Long Island City serving children of incarcerated mothers.
- Weekly book readings, 2007
- Monetary grant of $15,000 in 2020
Harriet Tubman Day Care Center
Day Care Center located in a shelter for families in East Harlem.
- Built a library, weekly book readings, trips to Bronx Botanical Garden, Brooklyn Aquarium, children theaters and concerts, 2000 - 2006
Cheyenne River Youth Project
Provides Lakota youth with a place to learn, socialize and eat a healthy, hot meal.
- Cash donation of $10,000, 2020
The Boys Harbor
A non-profit, multi-service, educational youth agency for boys and girls that has served the Harlem community since 1937.
- Monetary grants , 2000 - 2005
PS 3 in the Bronx
- Provided grammar and spelling workbooks, as well as dictionaries for 3rd grade students in PS 3 in the Bronx - due to budget cuts for 2009/2010 the School was unable to provide these books, 2009 - 2010
Flushing High School
English Language Learners classes at Flushing High School, in Flushing, NY
- Sponsored a project where a teaching artist from the Lincoln Center Theater, in collaboration with an English language teacher at the High School, was applying theater techniques to enhance English language acquisition and speaking
Harbor Oasis Day Care Center
A center located in a low-income housing project in East Harlem.
- Built a library, weekly book readings, trips to Bronx Botanical Garden, Brooklyn Aquarium, children theaters and concerts, 2007 – 2009
Make An Online Donation To Julia Rusinek Memorial Fund
Just click the donate button to go to our secure PayPal donation page. You can make a one time or recurring monthly donation. Thank you!