LEAP trains New Haven college and public high school students to work with younger children, providing a literacy-based curriculum as well as classes in the arts, computer science, swimming, athletics, camping, cooking and team building. They are an organization providing year-round academic and social enrichment programs for children and youth from high poverty neighborhoods
in New Haven, Connecticut.
2000 – present JuliaRun Beneficiary
Pequenas Ligas Hispanas de New Haven
New Haven, Connecticut based organization providing athletic, artistic, and leadership programs to about 100 students in grades pre-school to 12.
- Monetary grant, 2001, 2005, 2015
PS 3 in the Bronx
- Provided grammar and spelling workbooks, as well as dictionaries for 3rd grade students in PS 3 in the Bronx - due to budget cuts for 2009/2010 the School was unable to provide these books, 2009 - 2010
Harbor Oasis Day Care Center
A center located in a low-income housing project in East Harlem.
- Built a library, weekly book readings, trips to Bronx Botanical Garden, Brooklyn Aquarium, children theaters and concerts, 2007 – 2009
Flushing High School
English Language Learners classes at Flushing High School, in Flushing, NY
- Sponsored a project where a teaching artist from the Lincoln Center Theater, in collaboration with an English language teacher at the High School, was applying theater techniques to enhance English language acquisition and speaking
An organization based in Long Island City serving children of incarcerated mothers.
- Weekly book readings, 2007
Day Care Center located in a shelter for families in East Harlem.
- Built a library, weekly book readings, trips to Bronx Botanical Garden, Brooklyn Aquarium, children theaters and concerts, 2000 - 2006
Make An Online Donation To Julia Rusinek Memorial Fund
Just click the donate button to go to our secure PayPal donation page. You can make a one time or recurring monthly donation. Thank you!