Proceeds benefit LEAP
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Race begins and ends on Yale University's Cross Campus, in New Haven, Connecticut.
A map of the course.
Participants are welcome to run, jog, or walk.
- 7:45-9:45 a.m.: Registration, bib and t-shirt pickup at Woolsey Hall, Cross Campus
- 9:30 a.m.: Fun Run (0.7 miles) ages 12 & under
- 10:00 a.m.: Main Run/Walk (4 miles)
- Post-race: Awards ceremony, refreshments, and raffle
- Pre-registration Fees
For the 4-mile Run: $20 per runner, $15 for student runner. The Fun Run pre-registration is $6 per child. You can pre-register by mail or online.
To pre-register by mail, download the registration form (PDF), fill it out, and mail it with payment to (postmarked by April 4, 2011):
Julia Rusinek Memorial Fund
2 West Drive
Great Neck, New York 11021
- Online registration for the Run is available!
- Race day registration Fees
For the 4-mile Run: $25 per person, $20 for student runner. The Fun Run fee is $9 per child. Sign up at Woolsey
Hall (located on College Street between Wall and Grove), Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut.
- T-shirts for the first 250 registrants of the 4-mile run
- Run registration fee includes one raffle ticket (additional raffle tickets are $5 each)
- Computerized timing and results
Bring your old sneakers for recycling!
- Raffle prizes to be announced
- Trophies/awards for overall top male and female runners
- Trophies/awards for top three males and top three females in each age category
- Trophies/awards for top male and top female wheelchair athletes
- Medals for all Fun Run participants
- From I-95 heading North:
Take downtown New Haven exit (exit 47, a left-hand exit). Take exit 1 and proceed straight to the light. Turn right onto Church Street, then left at third light onto Chapel Street, then right at second light onto College Street. Follow College for 1 1/2 blocks, registration is on the left on College between Elm and Wall Streets.
- From I-95 heading South:
Take downtown New Haven exit (exit 47). Continue directions from I-95 North.
- From I-91 Heading South:
Take downtown New Haven exit (exit 1). Continue directions from I-95 North.
Parking garages are located at the corner of Chapel and College Streets
(turn left from Chapel onto College Street, garage immediately on the left).
New Haven Hotel
229 George Street
New Haven, Connecticut 06510
Telephone: (203) 498-3100
Toll-free: (800) NH-Hotel
Sponsors and Contributors
- Jonathan Edwards College, Yale
- Yale University
- Yale University Dining Hall Services
Call (516) 487-9502 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Julia's Run for Children 2011 is managed by JB Sports LLC.