Proceeds benefit LEAP
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Race begins and ends on Yale University's Cross Campus. A map of the course.
- 7:45-9:45 a.m.: Registration at Woolsey Hall, Cross Campus
- 9:30 a.m.: Fun Run (0.7 mile) ages 12 & under
- 10:00 a.m.: Main Run/Walk (4 miles)
- Post-race: Awards ceremony, refreshments, and raffle
Pre-registration costs $16 per person for the 4-mile Run, and $5 per person for the Fun Run. To pre-register, download the registration form (PDF), fill it out, and mail it with payment to (postmarked by April 9, 2008):
Julia Rusinek Memorial Fund
2 West Drive
Great Neck, New York 11021
Alternatively, you can submit form and payment (by April 11, 2008) to two different places (the Jonathan Edwards Master's House is under construction this year):
Master's Office of the Swing dorm
100 Tower Parkway (Swing Dorm, Rm. 124D)
New Haven, CT 06511
The mail slot of the temporary Jonathan Edwards Master's House
104 York Square Place
New Haven, CT 06511
Online registration for the Run is available!
- Race day registration
Registration costs $20 per person for the 4-mile Run, and $8 per person for the Fun Run. Sign up at Woolsey
Hall (located on College Street between Wall and Grove), Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut.
- T-shirts for the first 400 registrants of the 4-mile run
- Run registration fee includes one raffle ticket (additional raffle tickets $5 each)
- Computerized timing and results
Bring your old sneakers for recycling!
- Raffle prizes to be announced
- Trophies/awards for overall top male and female runners
- Trophies/awards for top males and top females in each age category
- Trophies/awards for top male and top female wheelchair athletes
- Medals for all Fun Run participants
- From I-95 heading North:
Take downtown New Haven exit (exit 47, a left-hand exit). Take exit 1 and proceed straight to the light. Turn right onto Church Street, then left at third light onto Chapel Street, then right at second light onto College Street. Follow College for 1 1/2 blocks, registration is on the left on College between Elm and Wall Streets.
- From I-95 heading South:
Take downtown New Haven exit (exit 47). Continue directions from I-95 North.
- From I-91 Heading South:
Take downtown New Haven exit (exit 1). Continue directions from I-95 North.
Parking garages are located at the corner of Chapel and College Streets
(turn left from Chapel onto College Street, garage immediately on the left).
New Haven Hotel
229 George Street
New Haven, Connecticut 06510
Telephone: (203) 498-3100
Toll-free: (800) NH-Hotel
Sponsors and Contributors
- Yale Graduate and Professional Student Senate
- Jonathan Edwards College, Yale
- Special thanks to Yale University and Yale University Dining Hall Services
Call (516) 487-9502 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Julia's Run for Children 2008 managed by JB Sports LLC. Timing and results provided by HI-TEK Racing.