The Julia Rusinek Memorial Run|
Proceeds benefit L.E.A.P.
The Julia Rusinek Memorial Run is held in the memory of Julia Rusinek, who was a rising senior at Yale University at the time of her death in July 1999.
Julia brought great joy to all those whose lives she touched, whether through her beautiful smile, her contagious laughter, or her boundless compassion. She was a thoughtful, intelligent, inspiring, and selfless individual who made people comfortable and happy by her presence alone. Even after her days as an accomplished track star at Great Neck North high school, running was an activity that brought Julia great enjoyment and serenity. This event celebrates Julia's life by combining Julia's passion for running with her commitment to making a difference in the lives of children.
Download the registration form
(MS Word document)
Sunday, March 25th, 2001
- 7:45-9:15 a.m. Registration
- 9:30 a.m. Fun Run (7/10 mile) Ages 10 & under
- 10 a.m. Main Run/Walk (4 miles)
$12 for 4 mile Run, $3 for Fun Run. Submitted on campus to the mail slot at the Jonathan Edward's Master's House, 70 High St, by 3/22/01 or by mail to 2 West Dr, Great Neck, NY 11021, postmarked by 3/20/01.
- Race day registration:
$15 for 4 mile Run, $5 for Fun Run. Cross Campus, Yale University, New Haven, CT (College St. between Elm and Wall St.)
4 Mile Course
The race begins and ends at Yale University's Cross Campus. The course of the run is both challenging and scenic. Participants are welcome to walk or jog as well as run.
- T-shirts for first 350 registrants
- Registration fee includes $1 raffle ticket. Refunds available on request.
- Additional raffle tickets $5 each
- Computerized timing and results
- Awards ceremony
- Raffle with prizes including:
- Round trip air fare to Finland
- Round trip air fare to Paris (for 1)
- DVD Player
- Olympus D360L digital camera
- New York Knicks tickets (great seats!)
- Four New York Yankees tickets
- Dinners at New Haven and New York restaurants
- Medals for all Fun Run participants
- Trophies for top males and top females in each age category
- Trophies for top overall male and female runners
- From I-95 heading North:
Take downtown New Haven exit (exit 47, a left-hand exit). Take exit 1 and proceed straight to the light. Turn right onto Church Street, then left at third light onto Chapel Street, then right at second light onto College Street. Follow College for 1 1/2 blocks, registration is on the left on College between Elm and Wall Streets.
- From I-95 heading South:
Take downtown New Haven exit (exit 47). Continue directions from I-95 North.
- From I-91 Heading South:
Take downtown New Haven exit (exit 1). Continue directions from I-95 North.
*Parking garages are located at the corner of Chapel and College St. (turn left from Chapel onto College St., garage immediately on the left).
For further information, call (516) 487-9502